The Atmospheric Water Generator | How It Works
Nowadays there are many different alternatives sources of water extraction and generation, giving us the ability to obtain natural and drinkable sources of water without using any unnecessary energy that is harmful to the environment. One of the latest and most interesting developments of our time is atmospheric waters, in simple terms extracting and creating water from the air. This incredible and smart development is a true testament to the times of ecological and sustainable growth we are currently living in and is a showcase of what the future of life on earth will consist of.
Saving the future of our planet has become the main goal of citizens, governments, industries, and businesses with the hopes of preserving what we have left and reserving the severe damage we have caused over the past decades including minimizing the effects of global warming and climate change. Here is one of the ways the intellectuals of today are making this happen and how you can get on board too.
How To Make Water From Air Without Electricity?
So how does one actually turn air to water, something that seems like a superhero power or something out of a movie is now a well-developed process that is taking place in many places throughout the globe. If this wasn’t enough to completely mess with your mind then let me explain exactly how this happens. The base of the idea of this type of water extraction comes from the process of producing water from the humidity of the air ( this is the wet sicky feeling you get on a hot day ).
The ability to be able to do this means that we tackle the world’s growing depleting water level problems and increase the world’s population of areas with access to clean and fresh drinking water by almost 50 percent within just a decade. So how do they do it? Well, it all starts with a simple yet very complicated product known as an atmospheric water generator which uses specially designed technology to essentially produce potable water from the air that surrounds it. A water generator comes in various different sizes, depending on where it is needed to be used, and the amount of water produced largely depends on the temperature of the surrounding environment.
These incredible machines use cooling coil technology to pull moisture from the air, in a similar way to what a humidifier does just on a much larger scale, it then takes this captured moisture, turns it into the water, and stores it in a tank for later use. It can produce anywhere between 1,000 to 10,000 liters per day depending on contributing factors.
The Pros and Cons of Pulling Water From Air
To collect water from air, there are a lot of different components that have to go into the process in order to make expectations become a physical reality. Just like any new product, machinery, or protocol, there are always pros and cons, especially when dealing with such a fragile piece of our environment. First of all, there is a large difference between harvesting water from the air and atmospheric generators themselves. On the one hand, harvesting water from air includes all active and passive methods of doing so, whereas using an atmospheric generator is just one of such methods and each device type requires different amounts of energy and equipment, depending on the make, model, and goal. However, some of the advantages and disadvantages of using a portable atmospheric generator include :
- Diversification of water supply
- Water independence
- Being able to generate water completely off the grid
- Allowing clean and fresh water to flow into areas that are rural, remote, or isolated from the rest of the world
- A reliable source that helps combat water scarcity
- A sustainable way of managing and using water across society
- The reliance on power for a generation
- The use of non-green sources of energy for power
- The ability to generate more water than what is needed
- The technology used may only work in areas of a certain climate and temperature
As you can see there are both pros and cons to the use of a passive atmospheric generator, however, the benefits of the water produced using atmospheric harvesting in general are some of the greatest and biggest changes seen within our world today. Some of the extremely important benefits this method of sustainably drawing water from our environment, in this case, the air, include:
- Can provide drinking water. The water produced from this method ensures that it goes through a purification and filtration method, making it as clean as possible and 100 percent drinkable.
- The rate of water production can be increased. This means that they have the ability to create and generate as much water as needed at any given point in time. This of course does slightly depend on uncontrollable variables including humidity, temperature, and the volume of air.
- Diversifies water supply. The great thing about atmospheric water generation is that it is a source of water supply that can be used alongside other water sources including rainwater harvesting, desalination, water recycling as well as ground and surface water withdrawal, meaning it can be a component that can help prevent and minimize a large number of water scarcity problems throughout the globe.
- No waste. Another thing that makes this process so appealing is that within it there is no water waste and no product waste like many of the other water harvesting processes have found to have as a result.
As you can see the alternative source of water generation by using atmospheric generators to extract water from air is one that is both beneficial to towns and their citizens as well as our environment in general.
There are also many ways one can learn how to make an atmospheric generator and implement it into your home, or office buildings, giving you a more environmentally friendly alternative water supply.
The bottom line is that this type of innovation and technology is a great step in the right direction for determining the possibility of achieving a more sustainable and resourceful future, allowing more people to benefit from such processes and start saving and conserving our beautiful natural environment.
- Why did you like the article?!
- Ooh, you didn't like it? But why?
The Multiple Benefits of Having a Rainwater Harvesting System
The effects of both global warming and climate change have ...
Everything You Need to Know About the Best Power Backup for Home Emergencies
Nowadays almost everything of any importance to us is attached ...