EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SAVING THE RAINFOREST AND WHY WE NEED TO DO IT
The rainforest is one of the most precious parts of the world in which it holds all essential parts of life that keep us alive and keep the ecosystems thriving within it. As humans began cutting down trees in the rainforest we began to see a difference in our world witnessed in the form of global warming and climate change as well as animal extinction.
BENEFITS OF SAVING THE RAINFOREST
Saving the rainforest is imperative to our survival on earth and as we are currently witnessing rainforests in danger we need to act quickly in order to make any difference at all. Some of the main reasons to stop rainforest cutting down trees and preserve and save the remainder of the rainforests include :
Rainforests help filter out the excess carbon in our atmosphere and act as a natural air filter to provide us with cleaner air.
Healthy water cycle
Rainforests regulate the flow of water from rivers all the way to the oceans which overall affects our climate.
Habitat for all species
Rainforests have the largest amount of biodiversity, home to nearly 80 percent of all the planet’s species. They provide these species with homes in which they are safe and able to access the resources they need for survival.
Rainforest provides homes and jobs for thousands of people who are harshly affected by the deforestation currently occurring throughout the rainforests.
Help future generations
Saving the rainforests is the only way we can combat climate change and its effects, without the rainforest the climate change crisis and loss of biodiversity will accelerate at an alarming rate, saying it will provide a chance for future generations to be able to live a safe and happy life on earth.
WHY DO HUMANS CUT DOWN TREES?
To answer the question “is the rainforest in danger ?” the answer is of course yes, and why? a large majority of the reason the rainforests are in such danger today is because of human activities and behaviors, such as industrialization, urbanization, and product development. Humans tend to cut down trees for :
- Clearing land for farming and agriculture
- To make space
- Clear land for making more space for homes, offices, and buildings
SAVE THE RAINFOREST FACTS
Some interesting facts about saving the rainforest include :
- Rainforest plants are used in some of the world’s most life-saving medications.
- Every minute a piece of the rainforest the size of 40 football fields disappears every minute.
- You can help conserve the rain forests by choosing sustainable products and following the practice of reducing, reusing, and recycling.
- Support indigenous communities to help save the forest.
- Research into the rainforest and share what you have learned via your online platforms such as social media to help bring awareness to others all over the world.
As you can saving the rainforest is essential to life on earth and will provide us with many benefits as long as we stop our current behaviors now.
- Why did you like the article?!
- Ooh, you didn't like it? But why?
The Nature of Catalpa Tree Worms: Why Do Planet & People Need Them
There are so many unique animals and trees within the ...
Creepy Trees On the Planet: Where To Find Scary Looking Trees
Have you ever watched a horror movie, a scary thriller, ...